A candidate for being eligible for admission to the three years degree programme leading to the degree of Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) must have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination (Std XII) conducted by the different divisional boards of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher secondary Education.
Must have passed the higher secondary school certificate (Std XII) Examination with vocational subjects, minimum competency based vocational programme conducted by the different divisional boards of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher secondary Education.
Must have passed an examination of another university or body recognised as equivalent to the Higher Secondary School Certificate (Std XII) examination (Circular No. UG/142 of 2010, dated July, 1, 2010.)
A student is eligible to be admitted to semester II irrespective of number of heads of failure in the semester I.
A learner being eligible for the admission to Semester III if, He/ She pass each of courses of semester I and Semester II examinations
He/ She fails in not more than four courses of semester I and Semester II examinations taken together with not more than two courses at each semester I and Semester II examinations.
A learner shall be allowed to keep term for semester IV irrespective of number of Courses of failure in Semester III.
A learner being eligible for the admission to Semester V must have passed in all the courses of Semester I, Semester II, Semester III and Semester IV examinations.
Passed semester I and semester II examinations but failed in not more than four courses at Semester III and Semester IV examinations taken together with not more than two courses at each of semester III and semester IV examinations.
Passed semester III and Semester IV examinations but failed in not more than four courses at Semester I and Semester II examinations taken together ,with not more than two courses at each of Semester I and Semester II examinations.
A learner shall be allowed to keep term for semester VI irrespective of number of courses of failure in Semester V.
The result of Semester VI shall be kept in abeyance until the learner passes each of courses of Semester I, Semester II, Semester III, Semester IV and Semester V.
1) Parents and students are requested to go through the prospectus and admission notices put on the college notice boards before seeking admission in the college.
2) Admission to students is given as per the standard and transparent procedures. Students must desist from approaching any unauthorized person for getting admission. Any person approaching the students or parents for donation/capitation fees should be reported to the Principal immediately.
3) Admission preference will be given to students who have passed the eligibility qualification in the preceding academic year.
4) Rules regarding admission may be modified or amended as and when such amendments and guidelines are received from the University, the Government or the Management. The Principal also reserves the right to refuse admission, if in his opinion; such an admission is likely to adversely affect the overall discipline of the college.
5) Admission of students to the college to any class is subject to the Rules and Regulations contained in this prospectus and that of the University of Mumbai framed from time to time. The Rules and Regulations of the Board will supersede over the Rules, Conditions and Regulations of the College wherever dispute arises.
6) Admission to the college is only for a term and the continuation of admission thereafter is subject to good conduct and progress of the students.
7) Students once admitted will be considered as duly enrolled for the whole academic year, subject to his / her good conduct and observance of discipline, unless he/she informs the principal in writing his/her intention to leave the college, latest by, fortnight before the starting of the second term failing which the college shall be entitled to recover from them the tuition fees of the second term.
8) When a student cancels his/her admission immediately after admission, the fees paid by him/her shall be refunded according to the rules prescribed by the University.
9) Admission form will not be accepted if it is mutilated or torn, and / or is incomplete or is unaccompanied by the necessary certificates, copies of documents.
10) Students who have passed the Higher Secondary Examination (S.Y.J.C.) XIIth Std. from Maharashtra State, i.e. Mumbai, Poona, Aurangabad and Nagpur divisions are eligible for admission for the First Year of the 3 year integrated degree course in Commerce under enrolment, provided they satisfy the requirements as laid down by the University of Mumbai vide their circular No. 194 of 4/4/1979 given below.
11) Optional subjects in T.Y.Com will be allotted as per the number of seats available on First come first basis. Change in subject after allotment of subject will not be allowed.
12) Students are required to fill in the online form on the website of the University of Mumbai (mum.digitaluniversity.ac.in OR mu.ac.in and submit the copy of the same to the college. (Cir.No. Enrol / 1782 of 2013 dt. 16/04/2013).
13) All the admission given by the college will be provisional till the university approves it. ( Cir.No. Enrol / 1782 of 2013 dt. 16/04/2013).
3. ADMISSION PROCESS:
1. F. Y. B. Com Admissions:
1) Students seeking admission to F.Y.B.Com should fill up the pre online Enrolment form on University website www.mum.digitaluniversity.ac before applying for this course in the college.
2) It is mandatory to fill the pre-admission online enrolment form on the University
3) Students should fill the admission form which is available in the college office counter between 11.00 am to 3.00 pm on the dates mentioned in the admission notice on the college notice board.
4) Print out of University the pre-admission online enrolment form is to be submitted to the college office along with the college admission form and other required documents at the time of admission.
5) Admission granted by the college is provisional and subject to enrolment by the University of Mumbai.
In House Students:
1) The students of Bhausaheb Hirey Junior College are considered as in-house students for the purpose of Admission to F.Y.B.Com. These students are allowed direct admission only on the days mentioned in the admission notice.
2) Students will be admitted on the first come first serve basis.
3) There is no cut off percentage for these students.
4) In- house students with more than one attempts or passing with Form No 17 at XII Standard Commerce will not be considered for admission to F.Y.B.Com.
1) Merit list will be declared as per the schedule of the University of Mumbai.
2) Students should secure their admissions by filling the main admission form which will be available on the day of the admission and by paying the prescribed fees.
3) If any student fails to confirm the admission as per the given schedule, His/her name will not be considered in the next list.
4. DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED ALONG WITH ADMISSION FORM FOR OPEN CATEGORY : (F.Y.B.COM.)
1) Print-out of duly filled in online pre enrolment form submitted on University Website
2) Duly filled in admission form and Information Form/s
3) Original HSC Marksheet with three attested photo copies
4) Two attested photo copies of Junior college Leaving Certificate (bring the original for verification)
5) One attested photo copy of SSC Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
FOR OPEN CATEGORY : (S.Y.B.COM. / T.Y.B.COM.)
1) Attested Copies of previous examinations marksheets. (Original required for verification)
2) Attested Copy of Ration Card. (Original required for verification)
3) Attested Copy of Aadhar Card. (Original required for verification)
4) Migration Certificate (For Learners Belonging To Divisional Board Other Than Mumbai/Other State)
5) Duly Filled In Provisional Eligibility Form (For Learners Belonging To Divisional Board Other Than Mumbai/Other State)
6) Two Latest Passport Size Coloured Photographs of the Learner (to be affixed on Admission form)
FOR RESERVED CATEGORY
In addition to the documents stated for open category, reserved category students will have to submit the following:
1) Printout of duly filled and submitted on-line e-scholarship / freeship form on the University website https://mahae.scho.maharashtra.gov.in
3) Attested copy of the Caste Certificate issued by Govt of Maharashtra. (Original required for verification)
4) Income Certificate for the previous accounting year issued by Tahsildar
5) Form No.16 (FOR FREESHIP)
7) District Change Certificate, if applicable
8) Non creamy layer certificate (for learners belonging to NT/OBC/SBC) one attested copy.
Note: Please refer the college notice board for exact details of fees. ADMISSION IS CONFIRMED ONLY ON PAYMENT OF FEES.